Motor Trade Insurance

Run a business involving vehicles? Find cover that matches your occupation. 

Whether you operate as a car dealership, valeter, mobile mechanic or something else, it can be difficult to find cover that suits your unique motor trade.


From how many people operate a vehicle to the equipment you use, there are countless factors which can affect your cover. At Sureplan, we will work with you to get a clear understanding of your business to arrange a policy which is right for you.

Get motor trade cover

Key cover options 

Employers & Public Liability

Guaranteed Hire Car

Excess Protect

Fleet Cover

Road Risk

Goods in Transit

Additional Drivers

Tools & Equipment

If you operate a fleet of 3 or more vehicles, we can arrange cover which protects all of them under a single policy, including cars, vans, HGVs and motorbikes.


It is a legal requirement to have sufficient insurance in place as a motor trader both when you hold other people’s vehicles in your care and when you’re out on the road.

Find out more

The key benefit of Motor Trade Insurance is that it can be shaped to meet your needs. While there are some standard cover features included, there are also lots of optional extras you can choose from. This means that you only need to pay for the cover features that you actually need.


For example, many self-employed motor traders may only require Road Risk Insurance, while larger business will likely require a Motor Trade Combined policy.


Our specialist advisors will talk you through the different options of cover that are available to you, leaving out any jargon. If you need to make a claim on your policy, we will be there to guide you along the way.


Get in touch

    Your Name (required)

    We aim to respond to all enquiries within two working days.

    Please do not submit any sensitive data.

    Suggested Products