Taxi Insurance

Do you need public or private hire taxi insurance?

Whether you are a self-employed taxi driver or run a taxi company, Sureplan Insurance Brokers can arrange specialist cover to ensure you, your vehicle(s) and your customers have the right protection in place.


Similarly to standard car insurance, Taxi Insurance offers three levels of cover; Comprehensive, Third-Party and Third-Party, Fire and Theft. Your policy should also include Public Liability and Employers’ Liability if you hire staff.

Get fare cover

Key cover options 

Public Liability

Employers' Liability

Protected No Claims Bonus

Full Accident Management Service

Guaranteed Hire Taxi

Personal Accident


Excess Protect

Whether you run one or more vehicles, including cars, MPVs and minibuses, the team at Sureplan will work with you to determine which insurance features suit your business.


Based on if your vehicles are for public or private hire, we will talk you through all features honestly, so you can decide if you need them. We even offer specialist cover for taxi drivers, including a fitted camera scheme to protect you in the event of unfair allegations.

Find out more

No matter if you are just starting out as a taxi driver, or if you’ve had previous motoring convictions, our goal is to find you competitive cover to get you out on the roads with sound protection in place.


Should you need to make a claim, our team offer dedicated claims support to ensure the process runs smoothly.


Our Taxi Breakdown Cover is underwritten by the RAC.

Get in touch

    Your Name (required)

    We aim to respond to all enquiries within two working days.

    Please do not submit any sensitive data.

    Suggested Products